Adelberts Cooperative Society
Adelberts Cooperative was founded in 2007 and officially registered in 2008 with the PNG Cooperative Societies. The Society is located in the Northern Adelberts Mountains in the middle of a conservation area which has been home to its members for many gen
- FLO ID: 20661
- Certification Year: 1
General information on Adelberts Cooperative Society
- Reason for supporting Fairtrade: Fairtrade Certification will bring the necessary support to help improve productivity and benefits from sales. The cooperative’s members hope that through the Fairtrade system, and their hard work, many of their social and economic challenges will be overcome, including better access to education.
- Farm Members: 130
- Environmental progress: Adelberts is located within the boundaries of a conservation area; its members have been working closely with The Nature Conservancy (TNC) organisation promoting sustainable farming since 2004. Protecting the land is seen as a way to preserve their livelihood and traditional farming methods that work in harmony with the environment and ensure the quality of their cocoa beans.
- Main crop: Cocoa
- Main cash crop: Cocoa
- Average farm size for Fairtrade (in hectares): 700 trees
- Number of certifications: 1
- Phone: (675) 720 81 61 8; 852 2366
- Mailing Address: Almani LLG Area, Bogia District Madang province.
P.O. Box 217; Madang; Papua New Guinea
- Internet Messaging Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Country: Papua New Guinea
- Region: Madang
- Geographic Details: Madang is a province on the Northern coast of mainland Papua New Guinea. The province has many of the country's highest peaks, active volcanoes and the biggest mix of languages. The capital is the town of Madang.
- Locations (as shown on map - these may not be the exact locations for Adelberts Cooperative Society ):